”charges” means the charges as set out in a quotation and/or an order and/or plumsmedia published price list or tariff structure in force from time to time.
”confidential information” means all information designated as such by either party in writing together with all such other information which relates to the business, affairs, products, developments, trade secrets, know-how, personnel and customers of either party or information which may reasonably be regarded the confidential information of the disclosing party.
”contract” means a contract, subject to these conditions, for the provision of the services between plumsmedia and the customer.
”cpi” means consumer price index.
”plumsmedia” means plumsmedia whose registered office is at Progressive Square, PECHS Block 6, Shahra-e-Faisal, Karachi 75400, Pakistan
”plumsmedia website” means the website at http://www.plumsmedia.com
”customer” means the person, company, firm or body purchasing the services from plumsmedia.
”customer content/data” means text, graphics, photographs, sounds, information, data, music, video, film or any other copyright work publicly available on the website or provided for publication on the website either by the customer or any other third party (excluding plumsmedia) commissioned by the customer, together with all user generated content and information regarding users (such as, for example, the number of page impressions, users email addresses or other information posted by users or depicted by the website about users).
”due date” means the seventh day before the date on which plumsmedia issues an invoice to a customer.
”domain name” means the name registered with an internet registration authority used as part of the customer’s url.
”due date” means the seventh day before the date on which plumsmedia issues an invoice to a customer.
”hosting service” means the installation of the website onto the server, such that the website can be accessed by members of the public via the internet.
”information” means information in any form (including visual and textual) published or otherwise made available (directly or indirectly) on the internet via the website.
”intellectual property rights” means patents, trademarks, service marks, database rights, design rights (whether registered or otherwise), applications for any of the foregoing, copyright, know-how, trade or business names, domain names and other similar rights or obligations whether registerable or not and in any territory or jurisdiction (including but not limited to the united kingdom).
”minimum term” for all ongoing services means 6 months from the date of commencement of the relevant ongoing service.
”nominated search engines” means the search engines known as ”google”, ”yahoo” and/or ”bing”.
”ongoing services” means web hosting, web optimisation, website maintenance, social media or any other services of an ongoing nature offered by plumsmedia which impose a recurring charge to the customer.
”order” means a request in respect of any services made by the customer to plumsmedia.
”rate card” means plumsmedia standard price list, a copy of which can be viewed at a request.
”seo” means search engine optimisation services being the means or process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s search results.
”server” means plumsmedia internet server or the server belonging to plumsmedia nominated sub-contractor.
”services” means the services which are the subject matter of the contract, being the work and/or services or any of them to be performed by plumsmedia for the customer pursuant to the order.
”specification” means the specification for the website agreed between plumsmedia and the customer and set out, or referred to in the order, or otherwise stated/varied and agreed in writing by plumsmedia.
”user” means any person, company, firm or body accessing the website via the internet or by any other means.
”user generated content” means all such material posted by users on the website.
”url” means a uniform resource locator.
”website” means the website developed and/or optimized by plumsmedia for the customer as described in the specification.
- quotations submitted by plumsmedia shall remain open for acceptance by the customer for a period of 30 days from the date of the quotation, unless the quotation specifies some other period, or the quotation is withdrawn by plumsmedia.
- a contract will only become binding upon acceptance by plumsmedia of the order by signing or counter signing and dating of the order and returning it to the customer, or the issue by plumsmedia of an order acknowledgement.
- this contract is subject to these conditions. plumsmedia reserves the right to vary the terms of the contract from time to time. notice of such variation and a current version of plumsmedia standard terms and conditions may be found on plumsmedia website.
- these conditions shall, to the extent applicable, apply to goods and products in the same way as they apply to the services.
- if the customer is a limited company, the services are provided upon the condition that the officers of the limited company are personally liable for, and hereby guarantee all sums payable by the customer to plumsmedia. if the customer does not make payment of any sums due to plumsmedia within 7 days of receipt of a written demand from plumsmedia (such demand not to be made sooner than the due date), then the officers of the limited company will make payment on behalf of the customer.
- the price for the services shall, subject to clause 1.1 above, be that stated in any relevant quotation and/or confirmed in an order.
- plumsmedia shall (if applicable) add to the price of the services, and the customer shall pay, an amount equal to any vat and any other tax or duty applicable from time to time to the sale or supply of such services.
- in relation to any ongoing services:-
- plumsmedia shall be entitled to increase its prices at least once in any rolling 12 month period; and in any event, the price of the ongoing services shall increase automatically on the anniversary of this contract by the cpi. plumsmedia may impose any such increased charges at any time after the anniversary date of the contract.
- plumsmedia shall notify the customer of any price increases made pursuant to clause 2.3.1 in writing at least 7 days before any such price increase takes effect. for the avoidance of doubt, the issue of an invoice setting out the increased charges may constitute notice pursuant to this clause.
- the customer will be charged on a pro rata basis for the number of days the customer receives the benefit of any ongoing services where such services are provided for less than a calendar month.
Terms Of Payment
- prices quoted are net and in pounds sterling.
- in relation to any order for website design / development services with a total value (exclusive of vat) of less than £2,500, the customer shall pay to plumsmedia:-
- a ’non-refundable’ deposit of 25% of the value of the order at the time of submission of the order to plumsmedia;
- a ’second instalment’ of 40% of the value of the order in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- a ’third instalment’ of any final balance outstanding in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- in relation to any order for website design / development services with a total value (exclusive of vat) of £2,500 or more, the customer shall pay to plumsmedia:-
- a ’non-refundable’ deposit of 25% of the value of the order in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- a ’second instalment’ of 25% of the value of the order in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- a ’third instalment’ of 25% of the value of the order in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- a ’fourth instalment’ of any final balance outstanding in accordance with clause 3.4 below;
- any instalments payable pursuant to clause 3.2 and 3.3 above shall be invoiced as soon as is practicable, and payable as follows:-
- in relation to any second instalment
- any order placed on or prior to the 14th day of the month, shall be payable on the 20th day of the same month within which the order was placed
- any order placed after the 20th day of the month shall be payable on the 14th day of the month following the month in which the order was placed.
- in relation to any order for standard hourly services, the customer shall pay to plumsmedia:-
- a ’order’ is delivered and the customer is invoiced for due payment in 7 days;
In Respect Of Ongoing Services
the customer shall, at the time of submission of an order to plumsmedia, pay to plumsmedia a non-refundable sum equivalent to 100% of the amount to be paid on a recurring basis attributable to each of the ongoing services. for the avoidance of doubt, such charges may be levied on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. thereafter, charges for ongoing services will be invoiced to the customer on a regular recurring basis in advance, in accordance with the ratecard and/or the order.
In Respect Of Seo Services
the customer may be required to pay a non-refundable set up fee at the time of submission of an order. in the event that the customer’s acts or commissions prevent the website from being set live, in circumstances where plumsmedia has undertaken all of the work that it is reasonably required to undertake pursuant to this contract and/or in any event, where the customer fails to provide instructions or permit the progress of the website for more than 6 months the customer shall be liable for the full amount of the order, whether or not the website is completed and/or set live; and plumsmedia shall not be obliged to undertake any further work pursuant to the contract.
unless otherwise specified by plumsmedia and without prejudice to the remainder of this clause 3, the customer must pay any invoice issued to it by plumsmedia by the due date in accordance with clause 3.10 below.
failure to make payment by the due date, or otherwise in accordance with this clause 3 may result in the suspension and/or disconnection of any of the services (at plumsmedia discretion) without any liability to plumsmedia. for any ongoing services, provided by plumsmedia, there is a charge added, to any late payments.
- the customer will make payments due to plumsmedia by any one or more of the following means:
- cheque (supported by an appropriate cheque guarantee card) made payable to plumsmedia:
- banker’s draft made payable to plumsmedia;
- arranged direct debit, telegraphic or electronic transfer direct to plumsmedia following nominated bank account.
- credit card and in each case payment shall be in pounds sterling without set off or deduction.
in the event that the customer pays by any method other than direct debit, plumsmedia reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £15 per month.
the customer consents to plumsmedia charging any debit/credit card previously supplied to it by the customer for the balance of any invoice remaining due after the due date without recourse to the customer, unless the customer has informed plumsmedia in writing that it disputes the invoice, and has identified the reasons for such dispute; and provided that such dispute is legitimate and made in good faith. the customer consents to plumsmedia retaining its debit/credit card details for the purpose of this clause 3.12.
if the customer fails to pay an invoice by the due date, default interest at the rate specified by the late payment of commercial debts (interest) act 1998 shall be added to such amount for the period from the day after the due date until the date of receipt (whether before or after judgment) together with any reasonable and proper amounts incurred by plumsmedia in seeking to recover such late payment from the customer (including, without limitation, legal fees).
where specified in the order, plumsmedia shall provide website design services. plumsmedia agrees to build and/or develop the relevant website in accordance with the specification. in the event of a dispute arising as to whether the website satisfies the specification, plumsmedia decision shall be final and binding.
the customer shall provide to plumsmedia in a timely and suitable manner and in a format required by plumsmedia, such information as may be reasonably necessary to enable plumsmedia to complete the website in accordance with the specification, provided that the customer shall not supply any information which infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party or is fraudulent, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or constitutes unsolicited advertising or promotional material.
the customer unconditionally guarantees that any element of text, graphics, music and/or the customer content/data other artwork furnished to plumsmedia for inclusion in the website is owned by the customer, or that the customer has permission from the rightful owner to use each of these elements, and will hold harmless, protect and defend plumsmedia and its subcontractors from any claim or suit arising from the use of such elements furnished by the customer.
plumsmedia shall convert the information and/or customer content/data into a display-ready format for the website, to meet the specification.
if the information and/or customer content/data is not in a suitable digital format, as agreed between plumsmedia and the customer, an additional charge will be made for its conversion by plumsmedia.
plumsmedia may agree to carry out such changes to the website as the customer reasonably requires, provided that the cost of such changes shall be in addition to the charges and shall be paid by the customer where the changes are required as a result of the customer’s desire to depart from the specification.
Responsibility For Approvals
the customer acknowledges and agrees that plumsmedia shall produce the website based on the specification as provided by the customer.
it shall be the responsibility of the customer (and not plumsmedia) to review and approve the contents of the website (including, without limitation, the spelling of names and addresses and the accuracy of telephone numbers) as soon as is reasonably possible.
plumsmedia shall have no liability to the customer for any inaccuracies in the website.
Advertiser Package Services
the customer acknowledges and agrees, that the website designed and built by plumsmedia under this service package, it’s not owned by the customer, until the payments are fully paid.
the customer also acknowledges that any social media, accounts or advertising materials, is not owned by the customer, until the final payments are cleared.
plumsmedia shall have no liability to the customer for any changes to the position of the website in the nominated search engine results in response to a search.
advertiser services may not be terminated during the contract term.
- failure to make payments on time, without a written prior consent by the client, will result in the assessment of late fees for any additional processing that will be required. the late fees are as follows:
- an initial late fee (25% increase) will be assessed if the payment is late from the day of invoice.
- a second late fee (45% increase) will be assessed if the account is 14 days late.
- a third late fee (55% increase) will be assessed if the account is 21 days late.
- plumsmedia will issue an invoice 7 days before the original payment date, all payments must be paid on the day of original payment date.
Search Engine Optimisation Services
where specified in the order, plumsmedia shall provide seo services. plumsmedia shall use its reasonable endeavours to improve the ranking of the website in the nominated search engines, however,plumsmedia does not in any way guarantee the results of such endeavours. for the avoidance of doubt, the customer accepts that plumsmedia cannot guarantee any particular or specific position or ranking on any search engine, or the increase of any business to the customer in respect of any of the services provided.
plumsmedia shall have no liability to the customer for any changes to the position of the website in the nominated search engine results in response to a search.
seo services may not be suspended during the contract term.
Web Hosting Services
where specified in the order, plumsmedia shall provide hosting services.
the customer shall be solely responsible for the accuracy, legality, currency and compliance of the website information and user generated content and will be solely liable for false, misleading, inaccurate, or infringing information contained or referred to therein.
the customer acknowledges and accepts that plumsmedia may be required by law to monitor the website content and traffic, and if necessary give evidence of the same together with use of the logon id to support or defend any dispute or actionable cause or matter which arises in relation to the same.
plumsmedia does not warrant that the hosting service or server will be continuously available at all possible times (24 x 7 x 365 days), but will use its reasonable endeavours to keep downtime to a minimum; and the customer agrees that plumsmedia shall have no liability to the customer for the consequences in the event of any such downtime.
plumsmedia may need to at times, temporarily suspend the hosting service for repair, maintenance or improvement and will give the customer as much notice as is reasonably practicable in the circumstances before doing so. plumsmedia will also restore the hosting service as soon as reasonably possible.
the customer accepts the hosting service and server ”as is” with any faults or failings and without any representation, warranty or guarantee whatsoever, express or implied, including without limitation any implied warranty of accuracy, completeness, quality, continuity of service, connectivity and fitness for a particular purpose.
charges in relation to the hosting services may vary in accordance with the bandings specified in the ratecard. the customer accepts and agrees that if its bandwidth usage rises to a higher banding in the ratecard, the customer shall pay the relevant charges for the higher banding (in accordance with the ratecard) for the month in which the bandwidth usage rises to the higher band; together with an additional £50 administration fee.
in the event that the customer’s bandwidth exceeds its usual/standard bandwidth for 3 consecutive months, the customer accepts and agrees that its usual/standard bandwidth banding shall thereafter be increased to the relevant higher banding.
plumsmedia cannot guarantee the speed and robustness of the services when the customer’s bandwidth usage increases to a higher band without reasonable notice to plumsmedia.
if a customer’s bandwidth usage exceeds 100gb in any single month, plumsmedia may require the customer to purchase a bespoke hosting package within 3 months, and the customer agrees to be responsible for the associated costs of such bespoke package.
where either party gives notice to transfer the hosting service from plumsmedia to a third party plumsmedia shall charge a transfer fee, and will not affect such transfer unless or until such fee and any/all sums owing to plumsmedia are paid in full.
plumsmedia is a reseller partner for domain name registration, website hosting, mailboxes and other services for companies including, without limitation, fasthosts or 1and1. plumsmedia provides such services subject to the terms and conditions of the relevant third party service providers; and the customer agrees hereby to be bound by and comply with such terms and conditions.
- plumsmedia does not accept any liability to the customer for any financial loss resulting or arising from:-
- a domain name not being renewed; and/or
- any registered mailbox, or other such services not being available.
Delivery And Completion Dates
plumsmedia undertakes to use its reasonable endeavours to provide completed web design services to the customer within the time frame stipulated in the order, or if no time frame is specified, within a reasonable period from the date on which plumsmedia receives a signed order from the customer.
the dates and timeframes for carrying out the services and delivery of any resultant website are approximate only. the customer hereby acknowledges and agrees that time is not of the essence for delivery or performance.
without prejudice to clause 15, plumsmedia will not be liable in any circumstances for the consequences of any delay in delivery or performance or failure to deliver or perform save where the same is a result of the gross negligence of plumsmedia.
no delay shall entitle the customer to reject any delivery or performance or any other order from the customer, or to repudiate the contract or the order.
- the customer warrants that:
- it has the right to include, and permit plumsmedia to include, the information and the customer content/data on the website, or has obtained the rights from third parties to do so;
- it will not supply plumsmedia with, or upload to the website, post, email, or otherwise transmit (or allow to be transmitted) by the website (or request that plumsmedia carries out any such upload, posting, email or transmission on the customer’s behalf), of any customer content/data, information or user generated content that is:
- unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- harmful to minors in any way;
- in breach of any third party right under any law or under a contractual or fiduciary relationship;
- an infringement of any intellectual property rights;
- unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional material, ”junk mail”, ”spam”, ”chain letters”, ”pyramid schemes”, or any other form of solicitation;
- containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or programmes designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- intentionally or unintentionally a violation of any applicable law and/or regulation having the force of law;
- data which contravenes the united kingdom data protection legislation in any way;
it will comply with the data protection act 1998.
the customer accepts that plumsmedia is under no obligation to monitor or approve the information, customer content/data or user generated content and accepts that plumsmedia excludes all liability of any kind for all material comprising the same.
- the customer warrants that:
- it shall perform the services with reasonable skill and care in accordance with the standards generally observed in the industry for similar services; and
- it will comply with the data protection act 1998.
Intellectual Property And Licence
the customer acknowledges that any intellectual property rights created, developed, subsisting or used by plumsmedia in or in connection with the provision of the services shall be the sole property of plumsmedia.
subject to the provisions of clause 13.3 below, the intellectual property rights, together with all rights, title and interest in the same in relation to the website and the domain name registration shall vest exclusively in plumsmedia. as such, plumsmedia shall be free to reproduce, use, disclose, display, exhibit, transmit, perform, create derivatives works, and distribute such material unless specifically agreed otherwise. further, plumsmedia shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know how or techniques acquired in the construction of the website for any purpose whatsoever included but not limited to developing, manufacturing and marketing products and any other items incorporating such information unless specifically agreed otherwise.
all rights, title and interest in and to the intellectual property rights in the customer content/data belonging to the customer shall vest exclusively in the customer.
unless otherwise agreed in writing with plumsmedia, the customer acknowledges and agrees that the duration of the contract will be for the minimum term, and subject thereafter to the notice provisions in this clause 14.
- following expiry of the minimum term either party may terminate the contract:
- in relation to all ongoing services except advertiser services by giving 3 months written notice; and
- in relation to web design / development services , by giving written notice, before the contract ending date.
in respect of web design services, where the contract is terminated before website is set live plumsmedia shall be entitled to payment of a reasonable sum for the work undertaken until the date of termination.
- either party may terminate the contract immediately and without notice if:
- the other enters into a composition with its creditors;
- an order is made for the winding up of the other;
- an effective resolution is passed for the winding up of the other (other than for the purpose of amalgamation or reconstruction on terms approved by the first party (such approval not to be unreasonably withheld)); or
- the other has a receiver, manager, administrative receiver or administrator appointed in respect of it.
- plumsmedia shall be entitled to terminate the contract immediately upon service of written notice to the customer if:
- any invoice remains outstanding for more than 30 days; or
- the customer fails to co-operate with and/or provide plumsmedia with clear instructions, or information requested by plumsmedia for more than 14 days; or
- plumsmedia considers (at its sole discretion) reasonable to do so.
termination of the contract shall be without prejudice to any other rights or remedies of either party.
- upon termination of this contract for any reason, the customer:
- shall cease immediately to be entitled to use the website unless or until the customer has paid all outstanding charges up to the date of termination together with any sums due in respect of the ongoing services (whether already provided or contracted to be provided during the minimum term and/or any relevant notice period); and in any event.
- shall grant plumsmedia immediate access to the website (whether hosted by plumsmedia or otherwise), and/or provide any/all such information necessary to facilitate such access for the purpose of disabling any links and/or removing any other seo techniques and/or coding created by plumsmedia which form part of the seo services provided by plumsmedia, and for removing from the website any other intellectual property rights belonging to plumsmedia. for the avoidance of doubt, this may affect the appearance of the website and the search engine ranking positions of the website. plumsmedia shall not be liable for any such changes.
if the customer fails to provide immediate access to the website pursuant to clause 14.7.2 above, the customer shall remain liable for the relevant charges for the ongoing services on a recurring basis in accordance with the contract until such time as the customer complies with clause 14.7.2 above.
the terms of clauses 13 (intellectual property), clause 15 (indemnity and limitation of liability) and clause 16 (confidentiality) shall survive the termination (howsoever arising) of this contract.
force majeure: plumsmedia shall not be liable for failure to perform the services if such failure is as a result any act beyond its reasonable control (including, without limitation, fire, flood, earthquake, storm, hurricane or other natural disaster), war, civil unrest, terrorist activities, nationalisation, government sanction, blockage, embargo, labour dispute, strike, lockout or interruption or failure of electricity or telephone service and/or any failure attributable to plumsmedia sub-contractors and/or service providers (in plumsmedia discretion).
Indemnity And Limitation Of Liability
- the customer shall indemnify plumsmedia against any loss, damage, cost or expense (including reasonable legal fees and expenses) plumsmedia may suffer or incur as a result of:
- any act, omission, neglect or default of the customer, its agents, or employees.
- any claim by any third party that the customer’s information and/or customer content/data infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party or is fraudulent, offensive, abusive, defamatory, obscene or menacing or causes annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or constitutes unsolicited advertising or promotional material;
- work done in accordance with the customer’s instructions in hosting of the website on the server involving the infringement of any intellectual property rights (including but not limited to framing or linking to third parties’ websites);
- any claim by a third party arising from the customer’s breach of the warranties under clause 12.1 above.
plumsmedia shall not be liable to the customer for any loss or damage whatsoever or howsoever caused arising directly or indirectly in connection with the contract, the server, the connectivity to the internet, the hosting, the website, its use (including but in no way limited to any unlawful or unauthorised access or use by any third party), application, support or otherwise, except to the extent which it is unlawful to exclude such liability.
nothing in this contract shall exclude or limit the liability of plumsmedia for fraudulent misrepresentation or for any death or personal injury caused by plumsmedia negligence.
subject to clause 8.3 above plumsmedia will not be liable to the customer in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise for any economic loss of any kind (including but not limited to loss of profit, business, contracts, revenue or anticipated savings), any damage to the customer’s reputation or goodwill or any other special, indirect or consequential loss (whatsoever and howsoever caused) which arise out of or in connection with the contract.
the customer acknowledges and agrees that plumsmedia total liability in respect of the warranty provided under clause 12.3 shall be limited to re-performance of the services or a refund of the relevant purchase price.
notwithstanding clause 15.4 above, the customer acknowledges and agrees that plumsmedia total liability in contract, tort (including but not limited to negligence), misrepresentation or otherwise arising in connection with the performance or contemplated performance of the contract shall be limited to the amount paid by the customer pursuant to the relevant contract.
neither party shall be liable for any failure in the performance of any of its obligations under the agreement caused by factors beyond its reasonable control.
each party agrees and undertakes that it will hold in complete confidence any confidential information disclosed to it, and will not disclose it in whole or in part at any time to any third party, nor use any confidential information for any purpose other than the performance of its obligations under the contract. this provision shall survive the termination of the contract for any reason for a period of 2 years commencing immediately on the date of such termination.
- the obligations set out in this clause 16 shall not apply to any confidential information which:
- at or prior to the time of disclosure was known to the receiving party as evidenced in writing, except to the extent that such information was unlawfully appropriated;
- at or after the time of disclosure becomes generally available to the public other than through any act or omission on the part of the receiving party;
- is received from a third party who was free to make such disclosure without breaching any legal obligation;
- is independently developed by the receiving party; or
- is required to be disclosed by law, court order or request by any government or regulatory authority.
Assignment And Subcontracting
none of the rights or obligations of the customer under the contract may be assigned or transferred in whole or in part without the prior written consent of plumsmedia.
the website shall be for the sole use of the customer and shall not be capable of assignment to a third party by the customer without the prior written consent of plumsmedia.
plumsmedia shall be entitled to sub-contract any work relating to the contract without obtaining the consent of, or giving notice to the customer.
plumsmedia shall be free to assign its rights in the contract to any third party without giving prior notice to the customer.
any and all termination notices should be sent to email@example.com
any notice or document shall be deemed served: if delivered, at the time of delivery; if posted, 48 hours after posting, and if sent be electronic mail, at the time of sending.
if any provision (or part of a provision) of this contract is found by any court or administrative body of a competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
if any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provision would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the commercial intention of the parties.
Third Party Rights
a person who is not party to this contract shall have no right under the contracts (rights of third parties) act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement. this clause does not affect any right or remedy of any person which exists or is available otherwise than pursuant to that act.
Law And Jurisdiction
the contract shall be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with english law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the english courts.